Yallah ! Watcha lookin' for?

Strawberry Lemonade


Greetings friends!


A week has passed in this year's Ramadan. And I must say when I break my fast, I am more thirsty then hungry. Traditionally water or milk is drank to break the fast. But in this heat ... one may thrist for something else. Earlier  in the summer, I did myself a great favour by buying up a large quantity of strawberries. Half of which I made jam from and the other half, I blended then strained to get the seeds out of ...


I love strawberries. I considered them real jewels of the Earth! So bright, vibrant and not to mention filled with These preserved strawberry juice is just great for a nice summery cooling cocktail ...


Strawberry Lemonade


  • 1 L water
  • juice of 2 lemons
  • 15 or so strwberries; hulled
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • ice 
  • few sprigs of mint
  1. Mix water and lemon juice in a large pitcher and refrigerate.
  2. Remove strawberry leaves and slice the berries thinly.  Place berries in a saucepan, add sugar, and turn heat to medium.  Stir the berries and sugar together and let simmer for about 5 minutes as the berries release their juices.  (You can add a couple 1 TBS of water if you’re worried about the sugar burning at the beginning).
  3. Mush your berries and add them and their syrup to the lemon juice and water.  Mix well, add the ice and mix again.  
  4. Garnish with the mint.

2 comments:

  1. Heni that looks amazingly good and my son was just asking for strawberry juice the other day!
    The only thing is we're in Australia so it's winter here, lol. It's doesn't make me feel much like it...but I'm definitely going to make this for him or at least mark the recipe for summer.

    Your photo is vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very refreshing :D

    I'll give it a try soon inshallah :)
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete



Did you make this? Or have a question about the recipe? Have some helpful feedback to share? Or just want to say hello? Leave comment love below :)
❤ ❤ ❤

Please note:
I do my best to respond particularly on recipes, but don’t have the ability to respond to every comment straight away. If you have an urgent question or comment, please contact me via email or Facebook. Please do not include links not pertinent to the discussion.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...