بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيم
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
I have returned from my holiday. I will be posting pictures of our travels in the next few days. And also promise to visit of your blogs to see what deliciousness you all have cooked up!
Today, I present a very simple summer meal!
Ratatouille is a summery or fall like vegetable stew that uses the very ripest of vegetables. almost rotten ones in fact for the best flavour. full of robust taste and flavour. It's French rustic and comfortable food at its best. It's a very nice way to use up those almost bad vegtables in the fridge you know the ones on the bottom on the bins. And also great way to use up the huge amounts of bveg some of us are blessed with in the summer months!the key is to simmer this stew for a minimum of an hour, uncovered, so that the flavors develop together. As a matter of fact, the more it cooks, the better it iscan be served hot or cold
so here it is ..
please try it you must eat ratatouille at least once in your life believe you will love it!
- 2 large aubergines
- 4 large courgettes
- 3-4 red pepper
- 3-4 green or yellow pepper
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 TBS tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- little honey or sugar
- 2 tsp herbes de Provençe
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- olive oil
- salt/black pepper
- optional balsamic vinegar
- Chop the vegetables into small or medium - small for quiche or lasagan filling - large for stew
- salt the aubergines then allow to drain. rinse before adding into the pot
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a heavy bottom pot ( long cooking needs a heavy pot)
- Now add in the rest of the vegetables, sugar, herbs, tomato paste then allow to cook down for an hour without lid.
Eat hot or cold with baguettes, rice or cousous -- they never eat this with fries or pasta. but ironically makes wonderful lasgana filling
Let's keep in touch! Sign up for posts delivered right to your e-mail inbox or subscribe to my feed. You can also 'like' me on Facebook, pin posts on Pinterest or follow me on Twitter for all the latest recipes and updates.
share this on