بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيمالسلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
You may use any brand of powdered milk you wish. I have used Néspray and Néstle Gloria. You may bake this cake using a square dish (aka brownie pan) as I have. Or optionally use a round cake pan or Bundt pan.
(toasted milk cake)
adapted from Naouel
- 1 cup instant powdered milk (brand of your choice)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water or milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet of baking powder (15 g - 2tsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBS prepared coffee
- few grates of nutmeg
- 1 can of Néstle condensed milk (or 400g homemade preparation)
- 1/4 cup - 60mL room temperature milk
- Slivered almonds or powdered sugar
- In a nonstick pan, without adding any fat on a very low heat, toast the dried milk, stirring often. Be careful, it will quickly turn brown. It should be burnt! Toasted not burnt! Allow to cool off the heat. It will have a caramelly fragance.
- In a bowl, quickly whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add the oil and milk (or water).
- Finally, stir in the powdered milk.
- Sift the flour with baking powder. And then fold in the mixture using a spatula.
- Pour batter into cake pan, sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake at 150 ° C - 225° F.
- As the cake is baking, thin the condensed sweet (Néstle can) with the milk. It should still be thickened.
- Once the cake is baked, remove from the oven.
- Pour the can of condensed milk over the cake while still in the mold. It will seem you may more syrup then needed, just be patient it will all absorb.
- Allow to set in for 15 minutes.
- Once the syrup has absorbed completely unmold the cake into a cake plate. And cut for serving.
Enjoy this cake during Ramadan along with coffee, tea or juice at your iftar table! But beware it is VERY rich. So a little does go along way!
๑۞๑You can replace the almonds with icing sugar (powdered sugar) to sprinkle on the cake after the complete cooling.
Click HERE for other Ramadan desserts to have on your iftar table!
Let's keep in touch! Sign up for posts delivered right to your e-mail inbox or subscribe to my feed. You can also 'like' me on Facebook, pin posts on Pinterest or follow me on Twitter for all the latest recipes and updates.
share this on