بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيمالسلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Summer time here in Algeria is very hot and humid. Cooling down with some creamy yet icy dessert is ideal. Here today, I present a very easy sorbet to prepare using seasonal strawberries without needing an ice cream maker.
- 1 lb -450g strawberries, washed and hulled
- 170mL - 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 pots (200mL -1 cup) plain yoghurt, drained for 2-3 hours
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- On a sieve, spread two layers of paper towels and place the sieve over a bowl. Pour the yoghurt and let drain in refrigerator 2-3 hours (or more).
- Cut strawberries into small pieces and mix in a bowl with sugar.
- Stir until the sugar begins to dissolve. Cover and let stand 1 hour at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Cut strawberries pureed in a blender with liquid, yogurt and lemon juice.
- Freeze this preparation for1 hour. The preparation should be frozen but little soft.
- Place this preparation in a robocoupe and blend on slow for about 2-3 minutes.
- Return to your freezer container and allow to freeze for about 1-2 hours before serving.
There is no need to sit this sorbet on the counter before serving as it is very silky and smooth more a gelato.
Let's keep in touch! Sign up for posts delivered right to your e-mail inbox or subscribe to my feed. You can also 'like' me on Facebook, pin posts on Pinterest or follow me on Twitter for all the latest recipes and updates.
share this on