بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيمالسلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions can easily derail your diet with extra calories and fat. Today I present a new version of the traditional potato salad giving it a healthy makeover by swapping out the full-fat, creamy dressing with healthy ingredients that boost flavor without going overboard on extra fat and calories. So indulge without the guilt and enjoy this delicious, Mediterranean style lower-calorie potato salad recipe.
Creamy labneh sumac potato salad
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 bunch of scallions or 1 small onion soaked in water for 10minutes
- 1/4 tsp sumac
- handful of parsely
- 200g - 7oz labneh cheese or Greek yoghurt drained overnight
- 2 eggs, hardboiled
- a drizzle of olive oil
- salt/black pepper
- for decor : black olives and cucumbers
- Peel and cube the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes and eggs into a pot with salted water. Cook until tender.
- Once the potatoes are cooked to tender, drain them into a colander.
- Now allow the potatoes to cool.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of cold water, so they cool faster. Now proceed to the eggs.
- Now chop the eggs.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix the salad.
- Spoon the potato salad into a large cup or a fluted cake pan like I did above.
- Flip over onto a plate.
- Decorate the salad with the black olives and cucumbers.
Serve chilled with your favourite summer dishes (click here)
What's your favourite summer picnic food?
Let's keep in touch! Sign up for posts delivered right to your e-mail inbox or subscribe to my feed. You can also 'like' me on Facebook, pin posts on Pinterest or follow me on Twitter for all the latest recipes and updates.
share this on