بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيمالسلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
السلام عليكم - Greetings friends:
- I invite you to follow me on social network FaceBook HERE
Oranais aux abricot briochée
- Algerian brioche with apricot from the region of Oran
- 350g- 1 1/2cup of flour (maybe more depending on the absortion of your flour)
- 3 Eggs beaten
- 125mL - half cup water
- 1 tsp water orange blossom
- 1/2 TBS fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g - about 1/4 cup sugar
- 120g - half cup of butter
Pastry cream -
- half liter - 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 5 TBS maizena (also called corn flour or cornstarch)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 500g - 1lb apricots, skin peeled off
- star anise (decor)
- Sift your flour.
- Put the flour in a large bowl.
- Form a well in the center of the bowl.
- Add in the well, all the wet ingredients.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Knead the dough until you get a soft yet sticky dough.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel, to rise for 30minutes.
- Meanwhile make the custard/pastry cream by pouring the milk into a pot.
- Mix the egg yolks and corn starch in a small bowl.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the milk.
- Ladle spoonful of the milk into the starch-egg mixture and temper by gently whisking it in.
- Repeat another 2 times. This prevents the eggs from scrambling when you add it to the milk.
- Now add it to the mixture and whisk vigorously.
- Once thickened, turn off the heat and let cool.
- Cut dough into 8 to 10 equal balls.
- Take a ball of dough and flatten into a square.
- Center -diagonal ( see the photo) put a good tablespoon pastry cream and the halves apricots on top.
- Fold over the sides to form the envelope. See photo for visual.
- Optionally place a star anise on the fold for decor.
- Repeat until you have used all the dough.
- Place on a floured or parchment paper lined baking sheet and allow to rise for additional 10 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 200° C - 375°F oven for about 30minutes or until golden.