Again, today I present a traditional dish using mutton Algerians prepare during the Eid al Adha. I wish everyone a blessed day filled with joy, happiness and health!
- A sheep's head
- A handful of chickpeas, soaked overnight and cooked
- 4 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper
- 1 head of garlic, minced fine
- parsely and cilantro (decor)
To prepare the mutton head:
- Clean the sheep's head, by burning off the hair with a torch. If possible, cut into pieces and then place into a large pot with salted water.
- Bring to a boil the water. The skin separates from the bone.
- Remove bones and cut the meat parts into small pieces.
To cook the sauce:
- Put the meat in a pot, adding the oil and dersa (garlic, salt, black pepper, red pepper and cumin).
- Add about 1/2 - 3/4 L water to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, the lower the heat to simmer.
- Add the (pre-cooke) chickpeas in. The sauce should reduce.
Serve with lemon wedges.