Yallah ! Watcha lookin' for?

Cajun spice

My husband is taking the family on a mini holiday getaway. And surely, I need it! My home, my work, after school transport, schooling with a baby is tow ... ye and my blog (wink wink) I think I deserve a little break.

We are going up to Chrea Mountain next to Blida, here in Algeria. I can actually see the mountains from my town. Still pretty amazing to me having the sea on view then far in the distance the snow-capped mountains. Real one of the many joys of living in the Mediterranean.

I have packed up all our gear for the trip; baby supplies, extra warm clothes, and of course all my BBQ goodies. Wandering in the forest on a snowy mountain is only fun if you built a bonfire ... and cook!

For the cookout, I made up some chicken kebabs for the children, foiled packages of assorted vegetables, pieces of lamb which I marinated last night in Cajun seasoning and for the grande finale ... my makeshift twisted version of smores (using milk biscuits instead of graham crackers and using meringue instead of the marshmallows)

Cajun seasoning

Spice is great on most all meats; including steaks,
chicken and seafood.
The food to be blackened should be moistened
on both sides with butter or margarine. Then coated with the spice
mix. The coated meat should then be cooked in a white hot cast iron
skillet on both sides until degree of wellness is reached and spice
looks like a black crust. Foods my also be cooked on very hot grill. Always cook in
well vent


  • 1 tbsp paprika
  • 2 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 3/4 tsp white pepper
  • 3/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp ground thyme
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  1. Combine all the ingredients.
  2. And store in air tight container in the pantry.
Now I'm off. See you all on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Did you make this? Or have a question about the recipe? Have some helpful feedback to share? Or just want to say hello? Leave comment love below :)
❤ ❤ ❤

Please note:
I do my best to respond particularly on recipes, but don’t have the ability to respond to every comment straight away. If you have an urgent question or comment, please contact me via email or Facebook. Please do not include links not pertinent to the discussion.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...