Greetings friends out in the Blosphere!
What summer and Ramadan for that matter can be without a refreshing and cool salad? I realized I have not posted salads in a long while. So today I am posting my version of the Algerian classic rice salad.
Salade de riz à l'Algérienne
* 250g rice
* 1 can whole kernel corn
* 1 can mushroom
* 1 can tuna, drained
* 1 carrot, diced
* 3 chopped gherkins
* 3 hard boiled eggs
* 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
* 2 cases of olive oil
* 1 tsp Djon mustard
* Handful of parsely, chopped
* Handful of cilantro, chopped
* Handful of capers
* 1 TBS olive oil
* Salt and black pepper
* green olives
* 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
* pitted and sliced green olives (or black - your choice)
* cucumber, thinly sliced
* sliced cook beets
1. Put in a saucepan cook the rice and chunks of carrot, cook 20 minutes.
2. Add in the eggs to boil in the last 5 minutes.
3. Drain and let cool.
4. Peel the eggs. Reserve 2 for the decor, but chopped the rest roughly.
5. Mix the rice and the rest of the ingredients.
6. Allow the flavours to melt together in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
7. Using some type of mold, spoon in the salad. Pack in.
8. Turn out the salad onto a platter.
9. Decorated the top with the cucumber and one olive or a little bunch of grated carrots (see below). Then place the beets, cucumbers, corneggs and olives decoratively around the salad.
• Serve chilled.
Trick: You could spoon half the salad into the mold, then add a layer of boiled eggs and carrots, then spoon the rest of the salad in. This makes for an even more appealing presentation. See below.
And remember to check out all the wonderful Ramadan soups at Kouky of Cuisine de 4mains Ramadan soup event here (((((((cliquez ici))))))
May your fasting and prayers be accepted ... and finally Saha Ftkourm ( Bon Appetite) everyone!