بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيمالسلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
I usually crave cool and crisp foods in the summer - mostly salads that require little to no cooking. Today, I present a classic American salad that is easy to prepare and will look great on any summer outdoor cook-out or even on the Ramadan iftar table.
Salade de chou -or Cole slaw
- 1 medium head of green cabbage
- 250g- 1 cup red cabbage
- 3 carrots
- handful of fresh parsely
- 250g - 1 cup mayonaisse
- 3 TBS buttermilk (or even milk or water)
- 1/8 tsp mustard seeds
- 5 TBS sugar
- salt/black pepper
- Grate or thinly slice the 2 types of cabbage.
- Peel and then julienne the carrots.
- Now place the mayo, buttermilk, sugar, salt, pepper and mustard seeds in a large bowl. Mix.
- Then add in the vegetable.
- If you find your salad is too thick, just add little more buttermilk.
Serve cold along with your favourite grilled summer meats like Sumac Köfte Kebab (click)
Let's keep in touch! Sign up for posts delivered right to your e-mail inbox or subscribe to my feed. You can also 'like' me on Facebook, pin posts on Pinterest or follow me on Twitter for all the latest recipes and updates.
share this on