بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيمالسلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
It's July! Right smack bad in the middle of summer ... of grilling season. Even with the preparation of Ramadan, the grills are red-hot and flaring here in Algeria. Today, short and sweet a mechoui (grilled) meat recipe for you all!
Sumac Köfte Kebab
- 1kg - about 2lbs lean beef or lamb, minced
- 3 TBS chopped parsley
- 3 TBS chopped fresh coriander
- 1 large onion grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 3 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1/4 tsp sumac
- 1/4 tsp dried mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 12 large wooden skewers soaked in water for an hour or 12 metal skewers
- Combine all ingredients for Köftes (meat skewers) in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- If you are serving Tzatziki (click here) or other salads with this, you can prepare them now.
- Divide the meat mixture into twelve and shape each around a skewer handing oiled hands.
- Preheat your grill.
- Once the grill is hot, cook them kebabs for about 10 minutes. Turning as needed. Check that the barbecue is not too hot or they may burn.
Pile two - three skewers on each person's plate and drizzle the yoghurt over the top. Or optionally with Tzatziki (click here), and other salads (click) such Pembe Soultan (click)or cole slaw (as pictured)
Let's keep in touch! Sign up for posts delivered right to your e-mail inbox or subscribe to my feed. You can also 'like' me on Facebook, pin posts on Pinterest or follow me on Twitter for all the latest recipes and updates.
share this on